Fw: Topband: DX window?

i4jmy at iol.it i4jmy at iol.it
Sun Dec 28 18:40:35 EST 2003

Be realistic Josep,

contest rules are issued by the contest organizer/s but sooner or later they turn to express the will of entrants, i mean the majority of them, unless already they do.
Those “rules” aren’t necessarily the best possible, often they are actually the opposite of good common sense rules, but they are, because “liked”. Not counting that who is not going to submit logs can do actually what he likes most, may be screwing up things to entrants.
We all know that most of the contest rules are prone to be not respected, without any chance to find out the proof of infringements, although sometimes they are so “visibile”

Some of the scores in any contest are obtained in “illegal” ways, packet cluster where its not allowed, high power where LP is claimed, category migrations at submission times after rewieving 3830 claimed, self spotting and “friends” advertising, fox hunting stations, and so on.
Absolutely nothing new under the sun, it has been always like that.
Take contesting for what contesting is: if You like enter, if You don’t drop.

73 & HNY

Mauri, I4JMY