Topband: To Balun or not to Balun that is the question.

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Tue Dec 30 22:51:27 EST 2003

I checked my Hy-Gain 204BA manual and their recomended choke turns is
"12 turns of RG-8 cable 6" (15.2 CM in diameter)". This is what I use on
the 204BA and correct the amount of turns..

Then Hy-Gain in the next sentance go on to say that "for optimum
performance use Hy-Gain Balun BN-86 in place of choke." This last
statement, I feel however, would be a step in the wrong direction.

Thanks,

Herb Schoenbohm. KV4FZ