Topband: CQWW 160m Condx

Phil Catterall phil.catterall at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 27 11:51:15 EST 2003

Hi Guys

Further to my earlier posting about condx in the contest. Last night things
picked up briefly as darkness fell in the western USA. From 2220z until
2309z I picked up the following:

VY2ZM     PE (AT LAST) 2220Z
K0TV        NH
K5ZD        MA
K3DI        MD
W3RJ        PA
K2WI        NJ
N2NC        NJ
VE1ZZ       NS
K1ZZ        CT
N8II         WV                    2309Z

After that USA/VE dried up. Best USA DX was into TX on Saturday morning.
0633z K5NA and at 0649z K5PTC.

Total USA/VE  states worked in the whole contest was 26. DXCC Countries 54.
As a single op I did not use packet cluster and that really makes a dent in
the number of entities worked I reckon. I only heard one JA station and
didn't work him. That was JH4UYB who was 559 on the Sunday morning JA
sunrise and I didn't hear or work any of the VKs. The big "gotaway" in USA
was W9RE (IN) - heard but not worked. I operated for 21 hours in total.

73 Phil G4OBK
North East England (18 miles inland from The North Sea)

---