Topband: WW 160 EY8MM

Nodir M. Tursoon-Zadeh nmt at at-communication.com
Mon Jan 27 22:04:02 EST 2003

In the past I was able to make about 30-40 qso's within contest period.
After installation of Vertical Delta I planned to achive 250 qso level and
40 mults.

So that what I've got:

549 QSO
4707 POINTS
4 SECTIONS USA/CANADA
71 COUNTRIES

Total result : 353,025

Most memorable qso`s:

D4B (Easy. Second call. Best signal from Africa I have ever heard. Reached
599+30db about 2230Z. So I am proud to say that we did right job on
D4B/D44TT last October), JT1CO, WH0V, JA-83 qso, HL-2 qso, YI1BGD, VU2HF and
VU2BGS (70W +dipole on 16 m. Kumar said he made 16 qsos), OH0R, VR2BG,
CT3FN, PR0F, VY2ZM, W1JR, VE1ZZ, YV1DIG, KC1XX, K1NA, W1FJ, FY5KE, PJ2X,
FM5GU, ZL3IX, KH7X, VK6VZ, AX6HD.

7 new ones!

Most memorable situaton working Carribean after sunrise with huge!!! signal
(YV1DIG, FY5KE) and first call (PJ2X, FM5GU).

Gave up 3 hrs before contest end. Second day only 70 qso's. No run at all on
second day.

Main problem static noise. Night before test S3 noise. During contest 90% of
time S7-9.
Secondary problems- about 5 degrees C in the contest shack.

Great fun!

Few photos will be placed on my web later tomorrow after some sleep.

Regards,

Nodir EY8MM
nmt at at-communication.com
http://www.qsl.net/ey8mm/menu2.html