Topband: Re: 160m contests - what do you want? (Ford Peterson)

Gaines, W M (Bill) WMGaines at MarathonOil.com
Mon Jan 27 13:48:51 EST 2003

Geez...and I thought all these years I could actually win a 160 contest from the Midwest. I suppose that if I entered only those contests that I thought I could win I would be sitting on my thumbs a lot on Friday and Saturday nights. Contests are supposed to be for fun even if by the scoring I don't stand a ghost of a chance of winning. Isn't being the top station in your district satisfaction enough? I can never compete with east coast stations for Europe and west coast stations for JA's. But I'll be darned if it would ever keep me from operating the darned thing.

Bill AD8P