Topband: TREE MOUNTED PENNANT

George & Marijke Guerin gmguerin at voyager.net
Thu Jul 17 18:31:32 EDT 2003

Dear Gale, etc.,

I have a pair of tree mounted pennant antennas phased in parallel:  I found
ways to get them in a vertical plane with bent or skewed trees:
Install medium sized screw eyes in the tree or branches above and below the
two front corners, or tie clove hitches, preferably with an extra wrap or
two, if the pull is not directly off the face of the knot.  These tie points
should be at a steeper angle than the 13+ degree slope from the front
corners to the load point at the back of the pennant.  In my case I made the
anchor points at 5 feet and 23 feet for a pennant with corners at 7 and 21
feet elevation, and adjusted the tie ropes to plumb the vertical wire with
feed point.
I have not seen much of a problem with the vertical wire slightly out of
plumb in any direction.
Good luck,
George    K8GG