Topband: western US bck in town

DF2PY df2py at t-online.de
Sat Mar 1 08:03:07 EST 2003

Hi reflectees !
After topband to the western US was in the doldrums since the last week of
September in 2002, we received an alert by stations in Britain wkg the west
coast yesterday. With todays opening the left coast seems to be back in for us
in central Europe.It was as well very nice of the east-coast big-guns not to
call and give the west coast a chance for EU         -- TNX !!! ---
It was possible to work all 7 areas ( except WA ) and sixes rolled in as well.
FYI i release the topband-stations that i was able to copy and wrk today.
W8UVZ,W5UN,W7LR(MT),W0RI,W7ZQ(Wy),AE7H(Az),N6TR/7(Or),W6PBI(Nv),K6SE(Ca),W6OAR(C
a),W2VJN(Or),K7FC(ID !!!),W5SU,W5FKX,N7DD(Az),N6FF(Ca),W5VX ------
All the west coast seemed to have good receive situation today,changeovers wre
smooth like on 20m - !
the next days therefore seem to be a must for the ones working on their 160m WAS
Award from the European side. Observation was, that the new 4 el array beat my
best beverage for west coast in all cases today, in both categories S/N and
absolute signal.QSB seemed to be less on the TX-array as well today.
good hunting and best dx !        de wolf  -df2py-