Topband: Fish Net Beacons (and searching archives)

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 25 06:53:57 EST 2003

	Ken, these beacons have been covered many times in the past.
I believe the most recent post was in December of this year:

http://lists.contesting.com/_topband/2002-December/016202.html

This gives a link to one of the manufacturers, which can be
followed to this description of beacons manufactured by them:

http://www.taiyomusen.co.jp/ehomepage/Radiobuoysystem.html

	Just as a reminder to everyone, it''s very easy to search the
reflector archives by going to http://www.contesting.com .  Just
enter your key words in the box on the middle left side of the page
that says "List Search" and click "Go".  For example, I entered
-- "drift net" beacon topband -- and got 19 hits listed here:

http://search.contesting.com/search.cgi?q=%22drift+net%22+beacon+topband&ps=20&o=0&m=all&ul=

When using the contesting.com search, I suggest you add topband
to whatever other key words you are searching if you're looking for
something you believe was posted here previously.  Otherwise, you
will get hits from all of the contesting.com reflectors.  Of course that
can be good if you want full coverage of the topic that may have been
on another reflector like Towertalk, but it increases the number of
hits you will need to look through (e.g. removing topband above yielded
29 hits).

	If you've never used the contesting.com search engine, please
give it a try the next time you have a question.  You may find it has
been asked previously and already answered.

						73,  Bill  W4ZV