Topband: TenTec Orion questions regarding SO2R suitability

k6se at juno.com k6se at juno.com
Thu May 8 16:09:24 EDT 2003

Eric, K3NA wrote:

"Based on what I've seen so far, it seems like TenTec missed its implied
goal: two excellent, independent receivers and one transmitter in a
configuration that can be used as a SO2R station in a single box."
I don't believe they meant full, simultaneous SO2R.  They stated
"instantaneous switching", or, as I interpret it, "almost SO2R".

An in-depth look at the Orion, written by Doug Smith, KF6DX (the chief
designer of the Orion) can be seen at
http://www.doug-smith.net/orion.htm.

73, de Earl, K6SE