Topband: Re: Phased Pennants: Staggered? (W3EEE)

Steve Dove dsp at hifidelity.com
Wed Nov 12 00:34:14 EST 2003

Greetings,

Been reading this thread with interest, and have to agree with the idea of in-line loop
arrays being fed near-antiphase as being highly workable.  Just put up on a website is a
'webblyfied' version of a talk I gave a week or so ago at the RSGB HF Convention.

The subject was 'Evaluating Receive Antennas using a Soundcard', and is actually
about a somewhat cheeky method of evaluating and plotting antenna azimuth patterns
etc., but the relevance here is that the talk does a 'drive-by' of the derivation of
terminated loop designs, culminating in details of a couple (a single loop, and an in-line
phased array) which were used as 'targets' for the measurement technique, mostly on the
basis that they were already hanging in my yard.

They acquitted themselves well, especially the array, being subjected to objective
measurement rather than just the usual model-lust and wishful-thinking.

http://www.w3eee.com

under 'RSGB talk'.

        73

                Steve         W3EEE