Topband: Group delay distortion in receiver filters

Joe Tik Mok joemok at Physics.usyd.edu.au
Mon Nov 17 12:15:56 EST 2003

Hi there,

I'm a research student in the field of optics. Recently I'm studying the
effect of group delay ripple/phase distortion on an optical pulse. I wonder
if there's such an analogy in the electrical signal processing? It seems to
me that this is actually rather thoroughly understood in signal processing
but not in the optics.

P.S. I'm looking along this line: group delay ripple causes phase disortion
and crates echo pulses.

Thanks, Joe