Topband: VR2BG QRV

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Wed Nov 19 01:22:15 EST 2003

For the past week I've had top loading deployed on my elevated HF2.

But since my main rig doesn't do 160, it takes some mucking about behind
the desk to be able to transmit down there with any power & each time I
have done so, it was to call DS1CCU, who just CQs in my face.

Some reasonable W6 signals on 3.5 Mc on a few of their recent sunrises, but
nothing heard on 160.

Since I loose 40m with the top loading, I'm likely to pull it back in for CQ WW
CW.  Unlike my previous QTH, I still have a decent match on 15 & 30m, so
if it weren't for the conditions, there is less of a driver to pull the top
back in than in previous years.

73, VR2BrettGraham