Topband: BCI Update

Charles Hutton charlesh3 at msn.com
Sat Nov 22 11:18:57 EST 2003

Tom:

WBIT is listed as off the air in broadcast industry lists. WWNN is listed as
talk, and WLVU is "money radio".

I am sure you have a Cuban station. There is talk at the beginning about the
5th World Cup of Boxing in 1987 and mention of several Cuban boxers that
participated including Felix Sauvon and Julio Gonzalez plus their weight
classifications.

This should be Radio Ciudad Bandera in Cardenas according to the World Radio
Television Handbook 2002. I heard no ID to verify that.

Cuban transmitters are well known in medium wave DX circles for their
ability to drift, hum, FM, and emit spurs and you seem to be the most recent
victim.

Chuck Hutton
WD4ELO