Topband: Urgent help - BQ9P

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Sep 9 21:19:18 EDT 2003

         As many of you probably know, Dietmar DL3DXX will
be going on the BQ9P expedition October 9-16.  He will be
taking a Titanex and equipment, but needs a good preamp
and matching transformer for a K9AY/Flag/Pennant RX antenna.
Problem is that no USA are signed up so far and the expedition
is only 1 month away.  Current ops are BV4FH, BV3FG, BV3BW,
JI6KVR, DL3DXX, DK7YY, OE1WHC, ZL4PO and BV3/UA3VCS.

         Are there any of our overseas readers who could get a
preamp (especially) to Dietmar or BV4FH within 1 month?   Dietmar
can be reached at Kasper at zmd.de  The preamp is especially
needed since he may be able to construct the matching
transformer.  He always does a super job on 160 (e.g. ST0RY
most recently) and I hope someone can help!

                                 Thanks & 73,

                                 Bill  W4ZV