Topband: AEA VIA or CIA?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Apr 13 12:50:42 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:24:22 -0400, Larry Harrison wrote:

>Jim,
>
>I have the VIA Analyzer and just purchased the VIA Bravo.
>The VIA VIA Analyzer works ok for me, however the VIA Bravo is much
>better, it is specked. as a true Vector Impedance Analyzer.
>It also has a Simplified Spectrum Analyzer Mode, displays real-time data
>on the computer and more.

What I'm trying to get at are the differences between the VIA and the
VIA Bravo in technical terms.  And what are the differences between the
VIA and the CIA besides speed?   Price is an obvious difference, but
what are the differences in how measurements are made and presented?
And yes, $2K is more than I am able to justfiy for a hobby purchase
($600 is a stretch, but I'll do it if I get better data).

Jim K9YC