Topband: PSK

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Wed Apr 21 08:59:37 EDT 2004

I find PSK 31 does not have the range and readability of CW.
I can copy noticeably better on CW than I can print the same
level on PSK. I think the real problem is finding enough
stations to work.

If we had a normal band with narrow mode segments and people
knew how to run PSK, the PSK could be up around 1835-1840.
The problem now is the signals are often ratty because of
the fact PSK is routed through wide filters.

73, Tom W8JI