Topband: 160m ant.

Kirk Harding kirk.harding at cox.net
Sat Dec 4 10:53:39 EST 2004

I'm in the process of installing a tower that will provide a 72 foot apex. I
would like to install a 160m antenna at the apex. I have enough room to put
up a full size 160m antenna if I install it as an inverted V.  My question
is, what commercially made antenna do you recommend?  Living here in the
panhandle of Florida, I need something fairly rugged.  I've looked at the
"Carolina Windom" but it doesn't fair well, based upon ruggedness.  You're
probably thinking, why he doesn't build it himself!  Based upon my
employment and travel, I just don't have the time.  Also, there is very
little here locally where I can buy the materials needed.  So, I would have
to order it anyway.  Sure appreciate your suggestions?

Many thanks,

Kirk, K6KAR

Niceville, Florida