Topband: arrl160 condx

Roger Graves rgraves at uvic.ca
Sun Dec 5 18:12:46 EST 2004

I havent heard anything from this list for a long time, so thought I would try a
post to see if I am still connected.

This year in the ARRL 160 I operated QRP as I hadnt gotten around to re-
doing the tower matching system after adding more aluminum top loading
with new yagis. Managed QRP thru the transceiver tuner with SWR above 5
to 1. This turned out to be a blessing as I had a super time. Condx must have
been very good with low noise as I was continually amazed that people were
hearing my 5 Watt signal. Working JA and KH6 was the highlight, but
several East coast contacts were a thrill also.

I was hearing SW and Midwest working Europe, so auroral blocking must not
have been present for them, but no EU heard here.

73 to all,
Rod
VE7VV
Victoria, BC