Topband: N2XE Beacon On Now! 3545.5 KHz, 12mW

John C Ceccherelli cecchere at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 24 15:35:13 EST 2004

The N2XE beacon started transmitting on 3545.5 KHz at 1945Z.  Power output
is 12mW and the transmitter is an Elecraft K1 with output attenuated down.
Power output was measured with the Agilent Spectrum Analyzer.

The Beacon will run at this power level until 1400Z Christmas Day.  If you
would like to be included in the QSL summary, have your report to me no
later than 1400Z at this E-mail address (cecchere at us.ibm.com  n2xe at arrl.net
also works but seems to be slower).  If possible, use the following format:

Call, Name - City, State - Grid Square - RST - Code word - Time (Zulu) -
Rig and antenna used for reception.

I missed reports from:

K9DX, John - IL - no RST - 732mi  - IC7800/9-element vertical array and
Beverage.
That would make John the new distance champion had I received his report
before I published the code word ;-(  (1,464,000 miles per watt too...
bummer)

A few other folks also didn't include the code word-- I need the stinkin'
code word!!!

The beacon will start transmitting at 250 uW 1600Z Christmas Day and run
through 1400Z on the 26th.  Lets see if we can put 2 million miles per watt
in the can!

73, Merry Christmas!
N2XE

John Ceccherelli