Topband: Conditions last night

tombaugh tombaugh at discoverynet.com
Thu Feb 12 10:10:04 EST 2004

Interesting from Central U.S.A.

HB9ATA called me with true 579 sig.
While listening for YI ... I listened for EU sigs as well but heard none...
not even a whisper...
W8JI informed me that many EU were calling YI but I heard none.. except for
HB9, who called me on my Freq.
What a unique band...  I heard many stations East and west of me calling YI
but only heard a squeek a couple times from him. Thanks for going split and
trying to sort out the mess. At least we were able to try to hear through
the QRM.

Tom Baugh
AE9B