Topband: ARRL DX Contest

Roger Mulzer rmulzer at ger.ibb.gov
Mon Feb 23 12:57:12 EST 2004

Hello Topbanders,

seems that the almost daily good condx to KH6 are over however the ARRL
DX contest still
brought some of the rarer states like KY and NM on topband. Loudest
signal here was definitely
W8LRL who was competing with many EUs in terms of signal strength. Also
Saturday morning
K7CA was heard with a good 569/579 as loud as many of the Eastcoast
stations.

Sunday morning still was good but no westcoast anymore (although I have
to admit I didnt spend
too much time then). However K0HA produced a fine signal in Europe and
brought NE as a multiplier.

Just as a sidenote 80 m lasted quite long and TX was still coming in 569
2 hours after local sunrise.

By the way - Bob,W6RJ - thanks for the QSO last week. Also heard W6XX
calling but by the time
we finished local sunrise dropped his signal into the noise. AE7H was
the only one to be worked literally
the last second.

73 Roger, DL5RBW