Topband: EWE Issues - yv5mbx

Plasticos Omega jlopez at plasticosomega.com
Wed Feb 25 14:23:48 EST 2004

Hi,

Few weeks ago I installed an EWE as Rx antenna.
The EWE is 10 ft high & 41 ft long.
The EWE it´s over a concrete base and both ends are connected to a common ground.
The swr at 1.830 is 1.5
a Pre-Amp it´s being used at the mast.

I beamed to the North, at least I think so, installing the feed point at the North and the resistor at the south.

I got surprised when I found that the most QRM heared at my shunt-feed tower was audible as BC stations. so I imagine that the antenna is working?

The problem that I found was at DX level, because most NA stations are heared at least the same as with the tower or worst.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance,
Javier / yv5mbx