Topband: Key Clicks

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 23:50:40 EST 2004

AMEN.  At W2GD, the key clicks got so bad during my hour in the European
sunrise that I thought Crovelli was going to throw me out of the shack I did
so much complaining.  Please save my seat at W2GD and fix your blasted
RADIOS!   I have an FT-1000MP and all of the major modifications: key
clicks, hiss on CW-LSB, AGC, and increase of 70 Mhz IF gain are all
available from Inrad for a total for all mods of $55 plus shipping.  The
instructions are clear and while the key click mod is not the world's
easiest mod, most should be able to do it or find someone to do it for them.
I could think of one K4 and one K1 that I would offer to DO the modification
if they would let me (this is not a general offer to do this, I am too busy
for that).

Bob
N4HY