Topband: YJ0AMY Logs

Steve Lawrence smlx at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 5 17:11:44 EST 2004

 From Mike KM9D re: YJ0AMY logs. George is QSL manager OM2SA. FYI. 73,
Steve WB6RSE

"I had sent the log-file to George, via the internet following arrival
in Australia.

It was discovered a short time ago (George is a keen observer) that the
log-file he received via the internet was, for some reason, truncated
and the last 300 - 400 QSO's of that operation were missing.

I have, in the mean-time, resent the missing data so George now has a
complete record of the YJ0AMY log.

Contacts with NA were difficult on every frequency-band and the bulk of
the QSO's in the log were with stations located in AS and EU.
Propagation for north and south America was miserable from that
longitude.

BQ9P was active during that same period of time.  The 160M operator,
DL3DXX, reported some difficult operating periods for NA as well.

I missed the TPDXC, but I may try for the CQ 160M operating event.  We
are currently house-sitting with a dog, a cat, and two goldfish while
their family is away on holiday in VK3.  There is no room at the house
for antennae and we have not yet purchased a motor-car so we are both
bicycle-mobile at the moment.

Best wishes for 2004.

73 for now,
de Mike, VK4AMY"