Topband: 160m int L

i4jmy at iol.it i4jmy at iol.it
Tue Jan 6 17:22:22 EST 2004

That antenna is basically an upside down GP with two radials, and it works fine if the radials are quite high above the ground, and if the vertical section is ¼ WL.
Opposite to an inverted L the horizontal wires does not load the vertical section which must be ¼ wave long.
The other critical point of this antenna is the feed line, that should run away normal to the horizontal wires and not to couple with vertical section.
I used such kind of antenna some 20 years ago with good results. A practical approach is to slope some 45° the vertical section, like is done with a classical ¼ WL slooper system.
All considered, anyway, if having two or 3 poles able to hung so high from ground the horizontal sections, then some phased verticals (i.e. two wire T verticals ) are possible, and is preferable to deal with radials, comfortably, at ground level.

73,
Mauri I4JMY