Topband: Interference questions dog broadband over power lines - more anti-ham radio propaganda

Kim Herron kherron at voyager.net
Fri Jan 9 17:01:53 EST 2004

Hi Gang,
     I'm new to the list but I've two question/observations:

>Quoting from the 2nd of 3 pages in the article, we have
>a VP attorney with Current Technologies LLC saying this:
>
>But Current Technologies LLC, which offers BPL service in the
>Cincinnati and Rockville, Md., areas, can't find interference caused
>by its system, said Jay Birnbaum, the company's vice president and
>general counsel. Current Technologies uses a technology standard
>called HomePlug, designed to not interfere with other radio signals.
>
>"[Interference] just doesn't exist," Birnbaum said. "They based a lot
>of their assumptions on outdated noise flow analysis."

    1.  Since when was an attorney qualified to evaluate RF noise?

     2. Have you ever known anyone to voluntarily acknowledge that they did
something that would
cause someone else a problem, and be willing to stop it, especially if it
would cost them money?

Nuff said.

Thanks!!

Kim Herron