Topband: Antennas detuning ?

jbattin jbattin at msn.com
Fri Jan 16 15:21:42 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Plasticos Omega" <jlopez at plasticosomega.com>
To: <topband at contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 11:43 AM
Subject: Topband: Antennas detuning ?

Hi,

I am shunt feeding my tower on 160 mts and abt 12 feet I have a Tintanex
V-80, I suspect that there is some kind of coupling between them.

How may I verify my suspicious?

How may avoid it?.

Is my understanding that a similar question arise abt a week ago but the
answers were not found on the archives, so I appreciatte if it´s permitted
by the list moderator, that the ideas were reflected on the list, just to
help user´s list that in the future could have similar question.

Thanks for your help,

Javier
yv5mbx

Since they are tuned to quite different frequencies, I would not expect a
major problem.  If there is an issue, I would expect it to be the tower
messing up the 80 meter vertical rather than the vertical effecting the
shunt fed tower.A symptom might be swr on the vertical changing when you
rotate the antennas on the tower. If the 80 meter vertical shows the
expected feed impedence and frequency, my bet is that there is no problem
worth worrying about.
John K9DX