Topband: JA to K1UO

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Wed Jan 21 09:12:09 EST 2004

> were this morning.  And to W2PM, don't feel too bad...the
> JA's weren't extremely strong here when the W1's were
> giving them 579's.  As they say, that's Topband!
>
> 73,  Bill  W4ZV

..and to illustrate the point you can listen to K1UO/JA at:

http://www.w8ji.com/dx_sound_files.htm

With an S1 noise level (noise was a steady -130dBm hiss using 350Hz BW) and
full gain the JA's are readable but *very* weak here. You can also hear how
good the QSO actually was, something we can't say for all QSO's!

You just never know about 160! Everybody has his day.