Topband: Notes on early JA to East Coast QSO's

W2pm at aol.com W2pm at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 09:55:36 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/22/2004 6:38:11 AM Eastern Standard Time, W8LRL at aol.com
writes:

> Thanks John and all for the interesting reading!
> Good Luck And DX on Top Band to All!  73 de Wal, W8LRL

Thanx Wally and all for the great stories and encouragement. The fact is
despite frustrating situations whenever I work any DX - anywhere in EU or even
W6(!) which is of course duck soup on all the higher bands its still quite a
thrill.  My most prized possession is VK6HD's QSL card from a QSO on 1832 2 years
ago - in my shack people think my call is VK6HD because his card is more
prominent that my call plaque.  Another great QSO was with a IK6 in mid August one
day couple years ago at 1700 local!  I was playing around with a mag loop and
checking its nulling performance against a neighbors pool filter motor when he
was calling CQ - turns out he was S9 plus on the Inv L and didnt need the
loop.  Felt like working South America on 2 meters from here in W2 land.