Topband: Reminiscing

Henry G. Elwell, Jr. elwell at salisbury.net
Thu Jan 22 11:35:45 EST 2004

Hi Gang, Nobody has mentioned it, but there was a 160m band back in the
'30s, but was not DX oriented, or there were no or few DX stations on.
As an 18 year old kid on AM in '38 with 100w and a Zepp antenna,
Missouri was DX to me from NJ. Hi!  How times change.  Never worked a JA
until JA3ONB in '87 from NC, but it's fun to hear your stories.

Vy 73 Henry
--
Henry G. Elwell, Jr. - N4UH

  My ancestors came from England, and I was born in the United States.
But I do not think of myself as a European-American, and am proud to
call myself a native American.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Internet Of Salisbury, Inc.]