Topband: CQ WW 160 CW

f8bpn f8bpn at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 27 15:21:44 EST 2004

Hi All,

Great conditions last week end for the CQ WW, unfortunately couldn't be
there more than 8 hours....
On the same week end we have our Frenchy CW test and I had to take part in
it, couldn't do another way!

Any way, I started on Top band saturday morning arround 0400z, band was very
busy as usual, may be even more than usual. Signals from the States were
very strong, couldn't beleive it, I was called by KV0Q with an extremly
strong signal, what was my surprise when he said "CO!"
I worked 27 US stations from 18 different states, heard many more, but my
100 watts were not strong enough in this noise. Heard N7JW, strong, but just
under a European station, impossible to call him.
Worked VP5/VE3NE for the second time during the contest.
I guess sunday was just the same, but I was calling CQ REF test for my radio
club F6KLO.
As soon the REF test ended, I came back for a while on the CQ WW for a few
hours more...

CQ WW 160 CW 2004 it will be only 300 QSO and a bit more than 100 000
points.
Next year will be another year...

73/88 de F8BPN, Mau

f8bpn at wanadoo.fr