Topband: 160 this weekend

Gary Nichols kd9sv at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 16:32:52 EST 2004

What other band(s) could you work all states in one weekend except for 160
meters?  I am amazed every topband contest by the stations that get on if
only using an antenna from another band to make a few contacts.  We have
definatly been spoiled by better equipment and increased activity on this
great band.  I was also one of the fortunate few who managed to work Paul,
VS6DO mainly because of his consistant CQ'ing every morning.  That was and
is still one of my all-time best contacts perhaps only equaled by Myanmar
XZ0A...BY still evades me here in Indiana.  de gary, kd9sv now retired but
sleeping in most mornings since I dont "have" to get up anymore