Topband: Mystery signal on 1805

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 27 22:59:06 EDT 2004

For the last few days I have been hearing an AM broadcast signal on 1805.
They seem to be some kind of apocalyptic religious/survivalist station.
Have not been able to get an ID thru the QRN and heavy QSB.  The signal
seems to be intermodulated with another station; I  can hear another voice
and music in the background.

I hear it on two different receivers and every receiving antenna I have at
my disposal.  I am wonderig if this is some kind of spurious mixing product
that is occurring locally, or does anyone else  hear this signal?  The QSB
indicates it is not a product of two local stations intermodulating with one
another.

Will continue to try to catch an ID on the station.

Don K4KYV