Topband: RG-6/CAC-6 CABLE

W5USM at aol.com W5USM at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 15:06:11 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/4/2004 1:52:23 PM Central Standard Time, magoo at isp.ca
writes:
Someone suggested the excellent idea of buying cable ends from the cable
company.  If you must join pieces to get your length, don't bury the joint.
I bring a joint up inside a piece of 4" drain pipe in a "U" shape and place
a pipe cap on the top.
This can certainly be done, but one can use a so-called barrel connector
between the normal connectors with a piece of "heat shrink" over the entire
connection, then direct bury.

The jelly of flooded cable moves around and covered with heat shrink will
provide a long lasting buried connection and it won't get kicked off or struck by
the mower.

While not an expert, I speak from 30 years in the cable television business
and just offering a suggestion.

73.

Norton scans incoming and outgoing e-mail