Topband: Antennas, Guy Ropes, and High Winds

Dave Bowker dbowker at mail.sjv.net
Sun Mar 7 14:50:29 EST 2004

>  Wow a 90 foot tube vertical! what is this irrigation tubing like?
> Aluminium? diameter?wall thickness? How do you raise a 90 footer?
> I am contemplating a puny 40 footer (or maybe a bit more), I can get ali
> tubing of  2mm and 5mm wall thickness in 16 metre lengths, any info on
> construction online?

See my upcoming article "K1FK 75' Vertical for 80 & 160 Meters" (tenatively
scheduled to be published in the June 2004 issue of QST), on how to
construct, erect, and place such an animal into operation!  This article
will answer all your questions!

Introduction abstract:  "This article describes the 75' top-loaded vertical
ground plane antenna used at K1FK for 160 and 80 meters and construction and
installation techniques which may be adapted to vertical elements of similar
construction ..."

73, Dave, K1FK
Fort Kent, ME