Topband: Titanex V160S and tuning unit

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad at enter.vg
Sat Nov 6 14:47:19 EST 2004

I have to agree with you re the insturctions from  Titanex.
At Hamradio in Friederichshafen this year I had a discussion with the boss
about their documention
and made it quite clear that if they dont make proper documentation, nobody
will buy his stuff - despite the fact he has an excellent produxt.

I have udses both the v160E and now the HD version.  Try to connect the wire
form the antenna terminal at the suggested end.  Th easiest way is to use
one of the MFJ analysers and move the wire over the coil untill you see the
lowest SWR. Then you solder.

I agree it is not a perfect guideline but in the end it will work very well.
They could have provided some drawings to explain what they mean.
It would have  made everything so easy.

Once you have done it you will say to yourself :  Is that all ?   hi

73  Good luck

73

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

My photo website:
http://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.
For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.visittelemark.com     for more details.

I'm in the process of assembling a Titanex V160S vertical. Suffice to say
that the instructions leave a lot to be desired. They are on the skimpy
side, and the "English" is very difficult to understand. I have a few
questions for anyone who has had experience with the antenna and tuning
unit:

-- the instructions for the tuning unit say "look for the lowest SWR on the
coil with the wire, which comes from the coax-connector on the desired
frequency. With the wire, which comes from the antenna end, you can find the
best SWR. If you get the best SWR, solder both wires."

Can anyone offer a practical explanation of what this means?
Thanks.

Jim Simon  W1YY/7

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email message may be protected by the attorney/client privilege, work
product doctrine or other confidentiality protection.
If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please
reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, and then
delete it.
Thank you.