Topband: Receivers

JT Croteau jt at w6cfo.net
Thu Nov 11 14:15:59 EST 2004

Is the Drake R-4C still a preferred receiver for "topband" and 80M?
I've come across one that I am thinking of buying.  Serial number is
above 18000 and it has a few mods already done to it; PS-4 upgrade and
TDA2003 based 7W amplifier stage.  Also comes with a 500 Hz CW filter
and crystal calibrator.  It's also cosmetically very clean.

I'm looking for a dedicated receiver to celebrate my recent upgrade to
Extra, my current transceiver I is an Icom 706MKIIG.  My first novice
rig back in 1989 was a Drake TR-4CW, I sure miss that rig.

73's

---
  JT Croteau                                             Wilmington, CA
  ARS W6CFO/MM aboard "QuickSilver"                  Los Angeles Harbor