Topband: High Pass Filter

ABowenN4OO abowen at nettally.com
Tue Nov 23 06:45:25 EST 2004

>Asked,
>
>"I was wondering if anyone on the reflector had any information for a
>source of highpass filters that could be placed in line with a
>transceiver?"
When I lived in Clearwater, FL during the late 80s, I successfully used the
MFJ "T" type tuner (early 989 model) to reduce interference caused by a
50KW daytime station about 3 miles away. I was using a TS 850 at the time.
The tuner was a very effective highpass filter, allowing me to operate, or
at least listen to the band prior to the specified shutdown time.

INK N4OO