Topband: B.O.G. vs. regular beverage

Chuck Dietz w5pr at swbell.net
Tue Oct 5 12:51:05 EDT 2004

I have to now use a temporary beverage to the NE.  I have 1000 feet.

1. I can put out 1000' of RG-59 on the surface of average ground to a
termination, or

2. I can put out 1000' of bare wire at 10' off the ground on PVC posts to
the same termination.

I already have all the materials.
I have a pre-amp for the BOG to equalize the level to the other beverages.

Of course the BOG would be the ideal solution because I have a hose reel I
can just wind it up on Sunday morning after the contest.

Will the standard 10' high beverage perform better?

Chuck W5PR