Topband: 160 AM BCB filter

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Tue Aug 23 23:41:20 EDT 2005

Living in Washington, DC, I am killed by intermod and other crud on 160.

I live 5.5 miles from a 50 kw AMer on 1500 kHz.

I've been working with Jim Poll on this filter, and have an engineering
model that I used during this year's CQ 160 contests.  I had previously
used the ICE filter, which did nothing!

Jim's filter was awesome!  I have some spectrum analyzer screen shots
comparing "no filter", Jim's filter and the ICE.  If I can get some free
time, I'll find a site to put them at for you to look at.   I brought
the filter to a PVRC meeting to demo and it did work :-)

At the present time, there are no units available, as Jim's time is very
limited and he hasn't hard the opportunity to produce any additional
units. I have been working with a manufacturer and there is a
possibility that they will be available on the market this fall or
sooner.  I should know within the next couple of weeks.

73,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC