Topband: SPDxC -- Was: Dirty Harry and the DX window

Milt, N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Sun Dec 11 14:47:14 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji at contesting.com>
To: <eric at k3na.org>; "Topband" <topband at contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: Topband: Dirty Harry and the DX window

> If people want a contest that encourages DX, then let's make
> a new contest like the Stew Perry and add a restriction that
> only contacts over 3000 miles count. Use the distance from
> Boston to LA as a guideline. That's stop Europe to Europe
> and USA to USA and prevent people from parking just outside
> a border to an area rich in multipliers and contacts.
>
> 73 Tom

Excellent idea, Tom.  Continue the current Stew Perry Distance Challenge
(SPDC) as is and add a late winter (March Equinox or there abouts?)
companion contest with the additional rule you propose.   Name it SPDxC.
Make the minimum distance for points 3,000 km (~6 Grid squares)instead of
miles.  Let everyone work everyone for fun and other awards, but the scoring
software simply omits those that are not up to minimum distance for points.
I LIKE IT!!!   Boring Amateur Radio Club; are you ready to handle another
one?

Mis dos centavos, de Milt, N5IA