Topband: EU DX

robert briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 13 17:33:52 EST 2005

Well things seem to be improving on my early morning European path at last and the run of QRN in VK has abated after 2 months of nearly impossible weather noise all over the country.
I worked a good cross section of EU stations this morning and signals were a good Q5 with strength to S7.If things keep improving like this we may have a good summer season in VK.
I last did an intense pre sunrise DX hunt for EU in 2000/2001 December to March and worked more than 500 station's in that period generally starting 30 minutes before sunrise.It was quite interesting to note the good signal peak's right around sunrise and often holding in for a further 30 minutes.That was on the sunspot high.It will be interesting to make a comparison on this end of the cycle Currently signals seem to peak pre sunrise and fade away very quickly with no post sunrise activity detected.
Good Dxing..Bob VK3ZL..