Topband: KR1S comments -right on!
richard at karlquist.com
Thu Dec 22 22:08:34 EST 2005
W5FKX - Don wrote:
It would be equally useful to have more
> information that would be useful to those of us who live in very noisy,
> space-limited environments. BTW, by large, I mean anything that cannot fit
1. Get a linear, preferrably 1.5 kW
2. Get a rig with an effective noise blanker
3. Get a 100 Hz audio DSP filter
4. Put up a simple receiving loop and orient it to null out the noise.
May or may not work, but worth a try
5. If running a vertical, use top loading wires.
6. Get a Titanex vertical, which can be tilted up at night and laid down
before the neighbors see it in the morning.
7. Try a beverage on the ground (BOG) or beverage on the fence if your
situation allows you to sneak something like this.
8. If you have a tower, hang a sloper from it or shunt feed it.
9. If you have an inverted vee for 80 or 40, use it as a top loaded
Hope that helps.
More information about the Topband