Topband: West Coast Openings

Bill Gaines gaines at wcoil.com
Sat Dec 24 09:00:02 EST 2005

Garry wrote:
it would be a wonderful expression of Ham Spirit if East
Coast stations could forego their fifth, tenth or 50th QSO with stations
that are routine to them but rare to us, and give us a crack at them.

There are some who do Garry. When the band is open like it was last night I spend my time trolling for new stations to work.....not just new countries. When I hear someone I have worked before I may or may not call him. This depends on whether or not anyone else calls him. If any other station calls him I won't. If no one is calling I may call in that case just to let him know he's getting out. If I have never worked this particular station before then I will call him. Maybe, just maybe, I will give him the thrill of his first QSO with that rare state of Ohio.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Let us all remember the reason for the season.

"May those who love us, love us. And those
that don't love us, may God turn their hearts.
And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he
turn their ankles, so we'll know them by
their limping."

-Old Irish Proverb

Bill Gaines AD8P