Topband: ft1000mp mkv key click mod

John ljdoyle at suscom-maine.net
Sat Dec 31 10:24:03 EST 2005

HNY all.. just came from w8ji web on key click mods for the ft1000mp mkv and if i understand what I was reading there is really no satisfactory improvement that can be made to reduce key clicks on that radio, some improvement but not satisfactoy..so whats the fix besides selling the rig to a SSB'er and getting another rig that has no key click problem, i'm trying to help a freind with his problem and was doing the research to that end and came away with the conclusion that if i had that rig i'd sell it ..am I misunderstanding something??thanks for any input..John K1GUN...