Topband: 160M 9V1 & DX Contest at W3LPL

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Mon Feb 21 16:33:03 EST 2005

> Rich-K1HTV wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>
> > Paul,
> >  Congrats on working 9V1GO on the Topband. Quite an accomplishment!
> > One of the things I miss by moving from New England to MD are the
> > propagation advantages of being a little bit closer to the northeast.
> > It's amazing what differences a few hundred miles can make.
>
> Whine limiter off...
>
> Let me get my violin and play you a tune!  Can you hear it playing just
for you guys in the east?

> Imagine adding about 1500 miles to get to MN.  How's about 3000 miles to
get to the left coast.  Even HEARING EU is an event!

> Whine limiter engaged...
>
> Ford-N0FP
> ford at cmgate.com

Yeah, Ford, reading Rich's message was kind of like listening to
Hugh Hefner complain that he lost one of his many 20 something
bunny girlfriends to another man. I tried feeling sorry for him, but
I was really struggling :):)

73 de Mike, W4EF/6

P.S. I shouldn't complain too much, Mexico, JA, and KH6 are
pretty easy to work from here in California on Topband :)