Topband: CQ 160 SSB

Milt - N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Fri Feb 25 16:16:25 EST 2005

PLEASE READ!!!!

I will be operating LP, 100 Watts, from a portable location in AZ, DM52,
trying out a new location and a new TX antenna.  I barely have a couple of
quickie RX antennas so I hope I am not an alligator.  The callsign will be
N7GP.

W7MCO and K7JEM will be operating at NA5NM in New Mexico, 22 miles (33 km)
from my location, also using 100 Watts.

I would appreciate any feedback on a signal strength comparison between the
N7GP and NA5NM signals.  This is an on the air comparison of two different
TX antennas at two different locations within a short horizontal distance of
each other.  The NA5NM TX antenna is the baseline standard and I would like
to know how this new antenna/location compares to it.

As you cruise around the band tonight and tomorrow night, in particular at
both my and your greyline times, I would appreciate it if you would note
down a comparison of the two signals when you hear them and then send me a
SWL report after the contest.  More reports at different times would be even
more appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

In order to not prejudice anyone I am purposely not divulging the location
nor the TX antenna configuration before hand.  I will give a full report
after the contest.

Of course, hoping to work everyone in the contest.

73 and good luck de Milt, N5IA, operator at N7GP