Topband: Beacon Tribune, The N2XE

John Ceccherelli n2xe at verizon.net
Fri Jan 21 12:11:39 EST 2005

Last night’s code word was BEER.  20 stations reported in, thanks guys!
Ray, K9IT in Illinois, wins the night at 797 miles or 15,940 miles per watt.

Tonight, I’m going to get a little selfish and see how the Fly Rod Vertical
does on 160 meters.  Power will stay at 50 mW.  The antenna patter will
probably kill the signal for you folks within 100 miles of me but we’ll see.

Beacon details can be found at http://mysite.verizon.net/n2xe/id2.html

Don’t forget to include your state or province in the report—saves me the
trouble of looking it up ;-)

Here’s last night’s summary:
K1LT	VICTOR	OH	EM89	765/BEV
K9IT	RAY		IL	EM58	OMNI 6/BEV
K8GG	GEORGE	MI	EN72	100MP/PHASED PENNANTS
W4SVP	STEVE	VA	FM07	1000MP/HOMEBREW VERTICAL
N9NE	TODD		WI	EN54	K2/DOUBLET
KC3M	JACK		PA	FN11	ORION/80 METER ZEPP
K3UL	BOB		PA	FN11	746PRO/BEV
AL0A	GREG		ME	FN43	FT817/LOOP (BETTER THAN HIS BEV)
K3JJG	ED		PA	FM29	R4C/SLINKY BEV
W8VXH	JIM		MI	EN83	TS570/BEV
W2RU	BUD		NY	FN23	TS950/SHUNT FED TOWER
VE3FU	CHRIS		ON	FN15	TS950/BEV
W8UVZ	GEORGE	MI	EN72	100D/PHASED BEV
K1GUN	JOHN		ME	FN53	1000D & K2/BEV
K1FV	BRUCE	ME	FN54	R4C/BEV
W4ZV	WILD BILL	NC	EM95	ORION/BEV
K4ZW	KEN		VA	FM18
WA4PGM	KYLE		VA	FM07	1000MP/INV L
K8EJ	STEVE	TN	EM75	746/LOOP

E=IR, it's not just a good idea, it's the law!  Shameless self-promotion
found at http://mysite.verizon.net/n2xe/

N2XE