Topband: w7dra/0 appology

w7dra at juno.com w7dra at juno.com
Mon Jan 31 10:22:59 EST 2005

i want to apologize for my sending in the dx window during the CQWW160. at home i have a heathkit counter which tells me the transmitting frequency but when traveling (/0) i don't take it. usually i have a xtal controlled converter in front of my BC453 IF, so i do know where i am, but this trip i had a 12sk7 hartley hfo feeding a pullen 6sn7 mixer. i thought i could keep a general idea of where i was in frequency, but in the heat of operating i was all over the place.

this is the first major contest i have worked in a long time with an rx with an estimated 2+Khz receiving bandwidth. i will be happy to get home to my nc183 xtal filter/bc453 combo, and no have to hear 12 signals at once.

thanks for your patience.

mike w7dra