Topband: CQ 160m Contest REFLECTIONS

Milt Jensen n5ia at zia-connection.com
Mon Jan 31 16:17:13 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh" <xppq at ispwest.com>
To: <topband at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 11:36 AM
Subject: Topband: CQ 160m Contest REFLECTIONS

>The activity level must have been about 5000 times normal - Boy, was the
>BAND FULL !!

And a long way to go.  At the bottom of the last cycle, '96 & '97, the sigs
were "wall to wall" up to and slightly above 1900.  This contest I heard
lone signals spaced .5 kHz or more from 1850 up to 1875.  Nothing above
there, even during prime time.  That was the observation in SW New Mexico
near the Mexican border.  May have been more crowded in the "metro" areas.

I echo all the other comments Josh made.

Milt, N5IA
One of the ops at NA5NM